About Me

My photo
A farmers daughter and Penn State Agricultural and Extension Education student, I enjoy laughing (a lot actually), capturing Lancaster county beauty in the form of an Instagram and pursuing the heart of my Savior. This is authentically me, simply put: my adventures, my passion and my journey of becoming an Agriculture Educator.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

This is one goes out to the first day of school.

Faithfully, at the end of every summer, I ask myself "what did I do these past three months?"

I mean obviously I did stuff. Like I got my appendix out, adventured to Mississippi, spent time with my favorite blue corduroy jackets, worked (a lot). But what did I actually do. Who did I invest in? Did I spend my time wisely? If it was my last summer ever, did I make it count?

Faithfully, at the end of every summer, I am ready to start fresh. I crave the routine of school, a change in social atmosphere, the chance to learn new things. 

Faithfully, at the end of every summer, I boldly declare lofty goals and work to realign my priorities to get the new semester off on the right foot. 

So this one goes out to you - whether its your first day ever, your last first day (that's me, yikes!) or your first day in your own classroom - if you're like me, busily attempting to crank out a "plan" for this next chapter in your life in efforts to make it the best one yet, this goes out to you. 

---

Dear, freshmen, seniors, parents sending them off, teachers, and all of you in between. 

May your new semester, new year, new environments be challenging. May it require to think, and think hard. May it push you further and grow you exponentially. May it encourage you to take risks and to not be afraid to fail.

May your new semester, new year, new environments be full of people who not only build you up but fill you up. May you stand beside people who call you to a higher standard of life. May you be joined by people who make you laugh and laugh often. 

May your new semester, new year, new environments call you to "stay humble, but hustle hard." May it require you to be authentic and transparent. May the stress of what may lie ahead not pull you under. And in the midst of it all, may you not forget to live fully. 

May your new semester, new year, new environments be led by these wise words from my man Kid President... "Try this, take a breath. Isn't that amazing? It's called breathing! You're going to do it a lot, but no one knows exactly how much. So enjoy it! Pay attention! Take brain pictures! Because amazing things will happen every day. You're going to do so much! But it's not about what you do, it's about who you are. You, you're awesome!"

Simply put, remember this in your new semester, new year, new environments, whatever it may hold...
you are capable
you are brave
you are significant
you are strong
you can do it.

Simply put, here's to a new semester, new year and new environments. Here's to stretching and learning, laughing and life-doing.

Let's rock it out, K. Janae

2 comments: