About Me

My photo
A farmers daughter and Penn State Agricultural and Extension Education student, I enjoy laughing (a lot actually), capturing Lancaster county beauty in the form of an Instagram and pursuing the heart of my Savior. This is authentically me, simply put: my adventures, my passion and my journey of becoming an Agriculture Educator.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

K. Janae's High Five - Sometimes they tell us to THINK?!

I know you can hardly even believe it. Professors?! Telling their students to THINK?! Better yet, professors telling their students to think OUTSIDE the box?! When pigs fly...

You see, outside of our boxes and outside of our comfort zones, that's where all the good stuff is. That's where the life and the learning and the growth is. 
Outside the box.


#psuaged16 was called to think way outside of the box in preparation for the 2nd annual #TeachAgGenius Hour.  What do we want to learn more about, where do we want to go from here, how can we implement this? Basically, we are not about doing it the same way forever.

Consider this my official call "for advice and opinions from all of you way smarter and experienced than me." So here's what I'm thinking about. Here's what gets my gears rolling. What do you think about my efforts to throw myself outside of the traditional "thinking box?"

1. Creative Classroom Workspaces (like this example)
2. Interactive Notebooks (but digital!)
3. Web-based Assessment Platforms (to use in a 1-to-1 setting... my recent discovery is ExitTicket)
4. Classroom Twitter Account
5. Grit & My Students (edutopia again, for the win!)

Simply put, I am asking for your help. What inspires you? When you think outside of the box, where do you land? Tell me all about it!

Simply put, let's push ourselves outside of "what we know" because that's where the good stuff is. In the words of the ever-successful Henry Ford, "If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." 

Here's to the next big thing, K. Janae

1 comment:

  1. Kjanae

    Love the list. Especially intrigued by the Creative classroom workspaces and potential connection to the "Maker Movement" as a possible reboot of Ag Mech instruction

    ReplyDelete